The Building Engineering Services Association is the UK's leading trade organisation for building engineering services contractors – representing the interests of firms active in the design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, control and management of engineering systems and services in buildings. Want to find out more? Why not check our website? www.thebesa.
BESCA is the independent certification body for the BESA (Building Engineering Services Association) offering auditing services, facilitating technical and H&S guidance to BESA Members relating to activities within the built environment.
BESCA is part of the BESA group is set up to facilitate a UKAS Accredited CPS (Competent Person Scheme) to allow its registrants to notify controlled works.
BESCA also facilitate CAS (Competence Assessment Standard) for the evaluation of BESA members. This promotes to the industry supply chain that BESA members are deemed competent in both their management systems and technical ability to design, install, service and maintain plant and equipment in all its core disciplines and work-types. In addition, BESCA also operate a number of specialist schemes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To carry out audits of our scheme members BESCA required to have a team of qualified, technically experienced auditors and we are seeking candidates to join our team on a sub-contract basis. The role encompasses the provision of technical auditing for all schemes within BESCA’s management. The auditor will perform review of quality management systems and technical evaluation of completed installation works. The auditor will ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfil expectations for efficient auditing and accurate reporting.
- Audit facilitation with client
- Operate within BESCA Service Level Agreements
- Timely, accurate recording and reporting of the technical audit
- Maintain audit standards within audit scope and criteria
- Liaise with BESCA team and Clients to promote good practice and technical excellence
- To act as ambassador for BESCA and the Association
Skills & Knowledge - Essential
- NVQ Level 3/equivalent or higher in one or more of the below building engineering trade disciplines:
- Air conditioning
- Mechanical ventilation
- Ductwork and hygiene
- Facilities services and commissioning
- Heating and plumbing – Domestic and commercial
- Experience in Building Engineering Services industry
- Current Building Regulations knowledge
- Experience in auditing techniques and familiar with ISO9001 or similar related standard
- Health and Safety
Skills & Knowledge – Desirable
- Experience in auditing techniques and familiar with ISO or similar related standards
- NEBOSH general certificate
- Professional membership
General Skills and Abilities - Essential
- Proficient in written and oral communication skills
- Proficient IT skills – familiarity with the use of Microsoft Products
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Professional at all times
- An inquisitive mind with an interest in technical innovation within the sector
- Willing attitude and readiness to take on new challenges
- Hold a full driving license and have the ability to travel within the UK with occasional overnight stays
Remuneration & Benefits
Audit Completion Fee: £400 per Audit
- Access to technical expertise and guidance
- Auditor training
- Flexible working (manage your own caseload)
- Travel expenses