The Building Engineering Services Association is the UK's leading trade organisation for building engineering services contractors – representing the interests of firms active in the design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, control and management of engineering systems and services in buildings. Want to find out more? Why not check our website? www.thebesa.com
The Certification Schemes Department provides certification and registration schemes for businesses and personnel operating in the building engineering services industry. The Certification Department is responsible for compliance schemes that reside within the following Group companies, BESCA Ltd, Engineering SKILLcard Ltd and REFCOM Certification Ltd.
WORKING WITH US
More information about us, including our benefits are available on our Careers Page. A unique career - BESA (thebesa.com)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Certification Manager the Certification Assessor will carry out remote evaluations of scheme applicants and members. The role encompasses the provision of remote evaluations for all schemes within the Certification department remit but will focus on:
- Ventilation Hygiene Elite – post clean verification report evaluations
- Competent Assessment Standard Audits for BESA Membership
The assessor will ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant records in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfil expectations for efficient evaluation and accurate reporting.
- Work with the Certification operation teams
- Assessment of Ventilation Hygiene Elite (VHE) post clean verification report (PCVR) submissions against relevant industry specification e.g TR19® Grease
- Assessment of Business Management Reviews for BESA members
- Timely, accurate recording and reporting of all evaluation activities
- Work with the Certification Management Team to improve evaluation activities
- Work with the Management Team to develop and implement upgrades to the VHE system
- Engage with members on technical queries and VHE system use
- Act as an ambassador for the Certification Schemes and the Association
Skills & Knowledge - Essential
- Demonstrable experience within the Vent Hygiene sector
- Sound understanding of TR19® Grease Specification and TR19® Guide to Good Practice.
Skills & Knowledge – Desirable
- Vent Hygiene specific qualifications e.g. BESA GHT / GHO, GTOF 04 SCQF Level 5: Ventilation Hygiene Certificate
- Experience in evaluation techniques
Personal Attributes - Essential
- Computer literate – MS Office, Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience of evaluation software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organised and ability to self-manage
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Team focused
- Driving licence
- Solution focused, willing attitude and readiness to learn
- Certification Assessor
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
For more than 100 years, BESA (The Building Engineering Services Association) has been driving excellence so everyone can expect and experience better buildings, and better buildings support better lives.
We were formerly known as the Heating and Ventilating Contractors’ Association (HVCA).
We provide standards to measure up to. We do this so building engineers and operators know what best looks like and what it takes to achieve, helping them make the right choices. As a trade body and membership organisation, we’re here to help our members and their customers deliver or specify better building engineering services and a better built environment.
We support members of all shapes and sizes across the UK, from SMEs to global organisations across design, installation, commissioning, maintenance, control and management of engineering systems and services in buildings. BESA provides a wide range of support services from training courses and advice to sharing best practice and opportunities to network and secure new business.
The bedrock of a better built environment is best practice. At BESA we are on a quest to instil higher technical excellence, robust skills and clear accreditations across the industry. Our mission is to help our members demonstrate competence and evidence compliance to essential standards.
Why not check out our website?
Loading application form
Already working at BESA ?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.